Last Updated 10/19/2021
Getdone (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Platform.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Platform.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information we collected by:
- GetDone, offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by
GetDone or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application
or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Platform.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand the Policy and our practices regarding your
information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with this Policy and our practices, your
choice is not to use our Platform. By accessing or using the Platform, you agree to this Policy. This
Policy may change from time to time (see Changes to This Policy, set out herein below). Your
continued use of the Platform after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Platform, including the following:
- Information you provide directly to us when you register for an account, create a user profile, or select settings on the Platform, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, social security number, date of birth, demographic information, insurance information, licensing information, financial information, and identify verification information, whether such information is applicable to any person acting in their individual capacity or on behalf of any entity and/or such information is applicable to any entity;
- Information communicated to us directly, for example, by email or text messages;
- Transaction information you provide by interacting on the Platform, including your purchase
information and history of transactions;
- Information you permit third parties to transmit to us or that we independently collect from
third parties where permitted by law, for example, background checks, criminal history, and
any of your interactions with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and
- Information provided to us by affiliates or through non-affiliated third parties, for example, if
you access the Platform through a social networking account, you may allow us to access
your personal information collected by that social networking account;
- Usage, viewing, technical, and device data when you visit our site, use the Platform, or open
emails we send, including your internet connection, IP address, the equipment you use to
access our Platform, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other
tracking technologies; and
- Location information including your geolocation information, by using Global Positioning
System (GPS) information sent to us through the Platform. We only collect location
information for Customers and Professionals registered to use the Platform.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Platform, or transmitted to other users of the Platform (collectively, "User Content"). Your User Content is posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Platform, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
Details of your visits to the Platform, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other
communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Platform. Information about
your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click here for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on the Platform and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Platform according to your individual interests.
Speed up your searches.
Recognize you when you return to the Platform.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Platform may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Platform. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Web Beacons. Pages of the Platform and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- For the purpose for which you provided it;
- To present our Platform and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To enable you to use the services available through the Platform, such as registering for a user account, verifying your eligibility to use the Platform;
- To provide customer service, process or fulfill service orders and transactions, verify user information, or process payments;
- For customer support and to respond to your inquiries;
- To personalize content and user experience;
- With your consent, to contact you by telephone or text message regarding certain services or information you have requested, Platform features and improvements, or other products or services that may interest you;
- To provide you with location based opportunities;
- To schedule, reschedule, or cancel services
- To suggest connections and jobs with other users;
- To improve customer service and user experience
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To process billing and payment including sharing with third-party payment gateways and payment service providers in connection with the Platform;
- To send promotional content announcing new products, special offers, or other information that may interest you;
- For our market research and analysis, including counting ad impressions to unique website visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards;
- To send you marketing or promotional emails, unless you have opted-out of such communications;
- To develop scores and ratings about you and others that may be proprietary to Getdone, or may be visible to the general public;
- To allow other users to communicate with you through the Platform, evaluate you for projects or other reasons;
- To notify you about changes to our Platform or any products or services we offer or provide through it; and
Sharing of Your Information
Unless otherwise described in this Policy, we may share aggregated information about our users without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries or affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- We may share your information with contractors, service providers, and other third parties who perform services on our behalf.
- We may provide your information to third-party app store providers to allow you to download our mobile apps.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Getdone, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by logging into the Platform and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by
GetDone to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by
logging into the Platform and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by
checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to
support@GetDone.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return
email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept all browser cookies.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based
advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your
information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your
California Privacy Rights for more information.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes
Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: support@GetDone.com.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into your user account on the Platform and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your
California Privacy Rights for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our
use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Platform that
are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal
information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to support@GetDone.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss
and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or
where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Platform, you are responsible
for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Platform.
Changes To This Policy
Statement Regarding European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Getdone does not offer goods or services to, or monitor the behavior of, data subjects in the European Union, California, or Nevada.
Sale of Data
Getdone does not currently sell data triggering opt-out requirements in certain jurisdictions.